The U-hearts Foundation volunteers are sad to announce that due to the war, the number of homeless animals in Ukraine has widely increased. A lot of people were literally forced to leave their homes and could not take their cats and dogs with them. As a result, nowadays an enormous number of animals suffer from the lack of food and even the absence of home! We are literally called to find an answer to the question of how to help homeless animals.
Suffice it to mention that homeless animals have several basic needs that must be met for their surviving:
- Pet food and water.
Like all living beings, homeless animals require access to nutritious food and clean drinking water to maintain their health.
- Qualified medical care (medicines, carrying out such procedures as vaccination and sterilization, etc.). Homeless animals often suffer from a variety of health issues, including injuries, infections, and diseases. They need access to medical care to stay healthy and recover from illnesses.
- Staying in safe conditions. Unfortunately nowadays it is impossible to guarantee the total safety for fluffies. But luckily national and international foster programmes enhance it day after day.
Being surrounded with love and attention.
Like humans, animals need love and attention to feel secure and valued. They thrive in environments where they are given affection and positive attention.
Here we face a logical question of how to help homeless animals. Luckily there are people from all over the world who greatly aspire to find ways to help Ukrainian pets by providing such a precious assistance. And below you can overview the most common variants of helping pets for Ukrainians. Some of them may also be convenient for foreigners.
The team of U-hearts Foundation has collected some useful tips on how to help homeless cats and dogs on your own:
- Feed and give some water to animals – due to such actions you can create special feeders in your yard or in other public places, such as parks and squares.
- If it seems to be possible, you may adopt the animal – in this way, you can save someone’s life and even find a new devoted friend of yours. The U-hearts Foundation team thinks that this way of helping pets is considered to be one of the most effective.
- You can also help to find a home – adopt the animal for an overstay, take a photo of it and post an ad on social networks or special sites so that the furry can find a home as soon as possible.
- Before taking an animal to the shelter, first call and find out if the volunteers can accept it. Nowadays shelters are overcrowded.
- You may also ask the neighbors who own animals if they need some piece of help. For instance, buying food will help to prevent the increasing number of abandoned animals.
- The last powerful way is to donate money to various charitable foundations that specialize in helping pets and spread information about them.
Below you can see all important links for donating:
- If you live in a European country, this link is for you: https://app.payhere.co/u-hearts/u-hearts-foundation. Donations are carried out in euros.
- For people who live in the USA: https://greatergood.org/savepetsofukraine. By the following way you can donate through our main partner – Greater Good Charities.
- Ukrainians can support the initiative of Save Pets of Ukraine due to following https://secure.wayforpay.com/donate/d256ed66e4364.
Finally we have successfully found an answer to the question on how to help homeless dogs and cats. The team of U-hearts Foundation asks you not to be indifferent. Animals deserve the best. And helping pets is our today’s task.